BAke ended successfully:
this log was never completed
My main sourdough page is published at www.kinberg.net/wordpress/stellan/sourdough_bread/
This is my sourdough bake 34 making two small loaves (with 350 gr flour)
Sourdough 31 (April 1, 2021), 32 (April 14, 2021), and 33 (April 14) became almost perfect. I never documented these on my site. I only have paper notes for these.
baking diary notes
This is not a professional recipe page.
These are my baking diary notes that help me remember what I did on the previous bake.
I started this bake on Friday 20.30 May 14, waking my starter B
i follow again my previous two bakes method using:
- Alex method of having the waked starter (I call it levain) stay overnight in the fridge to get many lactic acid bacteria and
- then the day after, have it rest in the oven with the light on until it doubles in size and the floating test is passed.
- After having created the dough for two small pieces of bread,
- I start working with it with Tom’s stretch method ( 4 stretch periods with 30 minutes rest in between) before the fridge acidification rest.
- After this work, I will let the dough rest in the fridge for 8 hours to gain acidity.
- I will thereafter follow Alex´s edge folding and format method
- to prepare the baking bucket with the bottom and sides covered with baking paper, and let the dough grow at room temp or the oven with the light on until it gets a nice elastic surface.
- I hope to remember to cut the dough and spray the oven for high humidity.
- I will bake at max temp 35 minutes with the lid on and then lower the temp to about 170 or another 35 minutes, removing the lid.
I hope I will get two loaves with good acidity, consistency, and crunchiness.
- Baking log
|1. making levain = Waking up sourdough Friday 20:30
Rest (1) in fridge from 21.10 until Saturday 09.00
At Sat 09.00 I put the levain in the oven with the lamp on and a bowl with warm water. Alex´s method.
Sat 11.00. the levain did not grow so I added a tablespoon of flour with Yeast cells (“Lievito madre” from Spesa Mia market in Canneto)
|2. Create the dough.
Alex mnemo adjusted. 1L:2W:3.5F
|Rest 1. Flour water-absorbing 30 min
|Work 2 – 4stretching/rests. Sat 16.45 Following Tom’s method.
Added 5 gm salt solved in warm water before the first stretch. Good consistency, almost slimy.
|Rest 3. In to fridge overnight Sat 19.00 in a bucket with lid
Out of fridge Sun 10.00 AM to warm up 10 minutes.
|Rest 4. Warming up. Out of fridge Sun 10.00 in a bucket with lid.|
|Work 3. Edge folding Sat 11.40 Alex´s method
I prepared a Semolino flour and “Lievito madre” mix (90-10%). I know that this “Lievito madre” flour has lot of yeast cells in it.
I fliped the dow and sprinkled it with this mix.
|11.50 a 30 minutes rest of the dough under cellophane. Alex´s method|
|Work 4. Sat 12.20 Last edge stretch and formating to get a good surface tension – Alex´s method with knife pushing.|
|Rest 4 – fermentation – Sat 12.30
In thin aluminum bowl over a warm pellet oven.
|Work 4. Baking preparation
|Rest 5. Baking without lid. Sun 21.25|
|out of oven Fri 23.10 (after 1 hour 45 minutes)|
(1 = bad ->5 = best)