My ninth sourdough was made following Sabastiéns advices I have shared at www.kinberg.net/wordpress/stellan/sourdough_bread/#Sebastien
But the dough became to to wet with the Italian flour I used and I got a flat bread good to make Pane Cunzato with.
This time I go back to Tom’s method with stretching.
HINT. The main page about sourdough, its preparing methods, history and science is documented in www.kinberg.net/wordpress/stellan/sourdough_bread/
- Making the levain
- Create the dough
- Stretching and resting
Levain ingrediences (made this Saturday August 24 at 22.15)
- 100 gram Italian Divella I wheat flour bought at Discount Canneto
- 80 gram Italian integrale Casillo wheat flour bought at Discount Canneto
- in 180 gram water (~ 2 dl) and
- 2 spoons of a bubbleing starter
~ 11 hours in the refrigerator in my plastic box with cover.
Create the dough
(Start 11 am Sunday August 25)
I solved all the levain in 4 dl Fontenoce water
Then I added 12 dl wheat flour 1 Divella bought at Discount Canneto
I mixed this with a wooden spoon
- 45 min rest (Rest 1) in room temp in a plastic box with a lid over to protect humidity over the frigerator where it is warmer
Stretching and resting
creating protein network
- I added A few gram dry coarse salt before the first stretch
- The rest of the stretches and 30 min rest proceeded well. The dough became elastic and slimy stretched well.
- Last and fourth stretch at 13.30
- I divided the dough in 2 parts and put it in the refrig in two bowls covered with plastic.
- it has to stay overnight (>8 hours) but as I started late (I needed to sleep som more today) I decided to leave it in the frig until tomorrow.
(As recommended the doughs should, after the stretching part, have rest for at least 8 hours (“Over night” to get acidity.)
Final stretch and formatting
Monday morning August 26)
- 10.30 am. Took out the doughs from the refrigerator to rest 60 min in room temperature.
- 11.30 am . Took up the dough gently and stretch each dough without breaking it a few times.
Fermenting – producing CO2 bubbles
- 11.30 am. laid the doughs on the baking sheet with baking paper paper to fermet 2 hours in room temp (25 celsius)
- 1.30 pm oven at 250 temp Celsius when I put the cutted doughs in the oven to be baked
- 40 minutes at max temp.
- l2.10 pm lowered temp to 160
- Nice color . 15 minutes more baking at this 250 Celsius (max) with ventilation
Cooling and tasting
The bread became nice and fully baked. The taste is good with a fine acidity.
i got a good acidity keeping the stretched doughs in the refrigerator over night 12 hours 15 minutes. The doughs were nice after having been warmed up. I had flour on the table when I made the last stretch before formating. I did not got the nice holes maybne because of that but however I got a good consistence.
the first bread I am very satisfied with.