In a previous article “The earth shall last forever” Kjell talked about the Earth as a gift. to us a good friend Michele in Lipari developed Kjells talk with more facts about this gift. I wrote about Micheles talk in “The earth to the righteous.”
Thinking about gifts, I came to the conclusion that humanity really got 5 gifts:
- the earth with all its resources
- the fantastic human body and brain
- intelligent nature
- freedom to decide not being ruled by instincts
- Order and complexity
- the messengers who shared divine wisdom with us in the holy books.
- The sacrifice of Jesus – Why
I have my own agnostic and interreligious hypothesis How we got these documented in my illuminated Genesis.
We must show gratitude for the gifts by taking care of these by among others:
- recycling the resources, not poisoning the earth and treating its animals well
- taking care of our bodys potentials,
- developing good strenght, physically with useful muscles (our body) and
- developing our brain by solving problems and getting knowledge about anything we love to know about, e.g. the Nature we were given(our brain)
- be good humans making our next happy sharing love
- reading if possible books, the Bible, the Quran, the Gathas and the Pale Canon among others, the time you have available
I will in this article dig deeper in these aspects writing about some facts I think are important intresting to know about.
- Our earth is
- perfectly situated at the right distance from the sun
- It rotates in 24 hours allowing us to rest
- it has gravitation that makes the atmosphere thick enough to protect us from metheors,
- it has a magnetic field that prorect us from the plasmasphere ( Read more )
- it has a water and carbon cycle that gives us access to water and oxygen
- the capability of the atmosphere to contain water allows all kind of vegetables to grow on earth giving us nutrition, carbohydrates, vitamines and proteins.
- it offers us delightment with all its colors, panoramas and spectacles
Read more in the earth shall last forever.
I am happy to be able to recycle plastic, paper and glass in Lipari, the Aeolian islands. But I dont understand why it is not possible to recycle metal, like aluminium. A f4riend of mine here on Lipari said that the aluminium cans can be placed together with plastics, that these are separated in Catania.
How edo they separate auminuum cans from plastic in Catania? Mining aluminium costs a lot of energy and destroys nature with its mines. It seems like no Society in Sicily, Italy has yet discovered how much money there is available recycling aluminium and iron.
Some people do not care to differentiate and throw anything in the boxes. Excuses are e.g.:
- “many others dont care so i dont care neither” or
- “the company mixes everything so why should I care”
- But which raw model do we have to emulate? The bad polluting unthankful guy or the good recycling thankful guy?
- the fantastic body and brain
- normally we inherit a fantastic body and brain.
- it is able to protect itself from bacteria and virus
- it is able to recover from accidents, the blood coagulating rapidly
- it is able to become very strong and intelligent to build things and solve advanced problems
- it is able to live for many years if it’s taking well care of.
- it warns us with psychosomatic signals if something is not right, e.g. we are under to much stress
- with our brain we are able to reach mental estates that allow us to resist pain and difficulties
Order and complexity
The order and complexity in our Bisophere is indeed fragile, due to the inherent Natural loss of enthropy.
As Shambles wisely concluded in his video comment:
“1: Complexity arose from simplicity (You can argue all you want about how you believe this happened)
2: Complexity is vulnerable in a universe ruled by entropy
3: We are complex beings in a very complex world and this makes us extremely fragile. If we refuse to acknowledge and respect this vulnerability, complexity will break down.
4: We must use the powerful tool of collective learning – not to exploit the complexity of our world but to preserve it.”
“And indeed, We gave Musa (Moses) the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers. And We gave ‘Îsa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), clear signs and supported him with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel]. Is it that whenever there came to you a Messenger with what you yourselves desired not, you grew arrogant? Some you disbelieved and some you killed.” ( Quran 2:87 )
My raw model is Jesus and the rules I follow are
- Love your enemie
- Do not judge
- the golden rule: treat others as you would wish to be treated
- Love your next
I read all kind of holy books. But if something there is said that is against the rules Jesus teached us, I jump over and maybe regard these texts as written by humans. Like many texts in the Old ttestament in the Bible about stoning. like:
- “but he will either be stoned or be shot through” Exodus 19:13
- Joshua 7:1-26
- “The entire assembly should stone him without fail” Leviticus 24:16
- etc etc
(See 10 more sites in : http://dwindlinginunbelief )
or some reason Muslim fanatics took over this custom from the hebrews. No instructions about stoning is find in the Quran.You find however the word kill in the Quran English translation with the instruction “in the way of Allah” and “transgress not the limits” the verse before.
“And fight in the Way of Allah those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allah likes not the transgressors. And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah is worse than killing. “ ( Quran 2:190-191)
You wont ever get the enemie on your side if you kill them. So kill is for me not a divine intelligent advice.
The sacrifice of Jesus – Why
The sacrifice or passion of Jesus, beeing tortured and hanged up on a cross or a pole is well documented also in film like
and “The passion of the Christ about his last 24 hours of life
The meaning of the sacrifice of Jesus as a ransom for many (the redemption) is the difficult issue to understand. The vatican site has an article about the redemption theology
The Witness of Jehovah site also dedicates a page about the issue in “Jesus sacrifice, a ransom for many”.
theory of atonement is also talked about in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransom_theory_of_atonement
Origen of Alexandria was one of the most influential figures in early Christian theology, apologetics, and asceticism. He has been described as “the greatest genius the early church ever produced” Origen was the first to propose the ransom theory of atonement