- Born in Freiburg in Breisgau in Germany, 3 November 1919.
- Takes higher school examination at Hindenburgschule, Freiburg 17:th March 1938. Her teacher was Max Pfitzer Terpis, who helped my mother to become a prima ballerina in Germany, Denmark and Sweden.
Signe at the left with her teacher Max Terpis.
- 19xx: Signe Geiges attended the Max Terpis ballet school in Berlin- Charlottenburg. 3 years at “Schule für Bühnen – Tanz Terpis”.
- 23:d November 1939 – 7:th January 1940: ballerina at “Schauspielhaus”, Potsdam for “Der Gestiefelte Kater” and the operette “Gasparone” (2 Weihnachtsfeiertagen ausverkauft).
- ? Dance Wednesday Afternoon: in honor of the wounded at the hospital of Freiburg im Breisgau
- 1:th September 1940 – 31:th August 1942: Ballerina at “Städtlische Bühnen” in Freiburg im Breisgau.
- 8:th October 1940: “Erster Abend der Tanzgruppe” with music from Mussorgski, Joh. Strauss, Liszt, Weber and more. In Kammerspiele in Freiburg im Breisgau.
Signe Geiges in “Abendlied”, music Fr. Liszt
Signe Geiges as “Der reiche herr” surrounded by “Bedienstete”
- 4th December 1940: “Zweiter Abend der Tanzgruppe” with music from Bizet, P. Tschaikowsky, J. Weismann and L.v. Beethoven. In Grosses Haus, Freiburg im Breisgau.
Signe Geiges as “Der reiche herr”
Signe Geiges as an “Amazon”
- 25:th April 1941: “Dritter Abend der Tanzgruppe”, btw in Mazurka from Brossmer. In Kleinen Haus in Freiburg im Breisgau.
- ?: “IV Abschieds Abend der Tanzgruppe”
- Tournee in Germany and France
- Friday 13:th February 1942: “Tanzabend” in Museumsaal, Freiburg im Breisgau. Dance together with Gise Furtwängler with music from Brahms, Corelli, Reger, Respighi, Chopin, Grieg, Schubert and more. Piano: Margit Vogel.
- Winter ?? Saturday: in “Festspielhaus”, “Getanztes Leben”. Erwin Hoffman and ensemble. Signe Geiges as “Königsvogel”
- Winter ?? : in “Neue Kurhaus”, “Getanztes Leben”. Erwin Hoffman and ensemble. Signe Geiges as “Königsvogel”
- 15:th September 1942 – 15:th August 1943: Ballerina at the “Stadttheater” in Wuppertal.
My mother told me once that she was in her apartment when the bombing started. She fled out, down the stairs that were covered with pieces of glass. She saved herself running up on the hills around Wuppertahl. It is documented that this happened the night August 11 1943.
- 26:th March 1946, Theater der Stadt, Baden Baden.
- 1:th August 1943 – 31:th July 1944: “Solotänserin” at the Nürnberg OpernHaus. On January 25, 1945, the opera house was finally damaged by the air raids of the Allies.
- 9:th October 1943: “Zaar und Zimmermann” von G.A. Lortzing, OpernHaus, Nürnberg
- 11:th October 1943: “Zaar und Zimmermann” von G.A. Lortzing, OpernHaus, Nürnberg
- 19:th December 1943: “Tanzabend” with music from Corelli, Fr. Wilkens, O. Respighi, Chopin and more, Opernhaus, Nürnberg. Piano: Rut Steding.
- 28:th May 1944: “Leichte Kavallerie” von Paul Beyer. OpernHaus, NürnbergOn January 25, 1945, the opera house was finally damaged by the air raids of the Allies. (Source: museen.nuernberg.de )
Signe survived the bombing in the cellars of the Opera.
She left thereafter Nürnberg
- 21:th July 1945: Dance at “Casino de Fribourg”, Freiburg im Breisgau. With music from Corelli, Musorgsky and Joh. Strauss.
- 10:th May 19xx, “Tanzabend” “Kreuz”-Saal Waldkirch im Breisgau. Solo with music from Corelli, Listz, Dvorak, Grieg. Piano: Hans Renner.
- 30:th November 1946, Maria-Hilf-Saal, Freiburg im Breisgau “Tanzabend”. Solo dance with music from Corelli, Liszt, Dvorak, Grieg. Piano: Hans Renner.
- Dance inspirated by the 1500 painter Brueghel and his paint “Hochzeitstanz im Freien”. Signe Geiges danced at the music of “Gestalten der Todsünden” composed by Carl Orff. 1948 in Nürnberg?
- Montmartre, “Sommer-Cabaret” 1948 in Copenhagen. Signe became Norwegian in the Danish newspaper.
- 9: January 1955: “Dansmatiné” with Birgit Åkesson and group at Göteborgs Stadsteater.
At home in Göteborg 1953
- 22:th September 1957: Dance at Tribüne, Gemeinnütziges Theater, Berlin – Charlottenburg. As “Thrakerinnen” in “Orpheus” Igor Strawinsky, Choreography Gise Furtwängler.
- 29:th March 195x: “En glad lördagsträff”, Konserthuset, . Composition “Pittoreske och Häxan” with 10 students from “Anna Wikströms balettskola”. Piano: Sten Mårdén and Jenny Sandqvist.
- Her dance teacher Max Pfister Terpis dies 18:th March 1958