I am for religious tollerance and pluralism, that is I am for
” dialogue and encounter, give and take, criticism and self-criticism.” (Source: http://pluralism.org/what-is-pluralism )
I think I am following a form of religious pluralism, being inspired by Deism and Christian, Zoroastrian and Muslim holy books as well as other sources, like philosophers (Spinoza, Confucius) and scientists (Einstein, LeMaître, Fred Hoyle, Päbo… ).
As a catholic Christian reading the Gospels attending Catholic Mass on Sundays, I believe that the
Christian Catholic religion is absolutely not the sole
and exclusive source of truth and good values.
I acknowledge that truths and good values exist in other religions too. I search therefore good thoughts and values among other religons like eg in the Qu’ran, the Zoroaastrians gathas Hymns of Zarathushtra, Bhagavad gita, I got a brain that is supposed to be able to judge what is good and what is not.
And I think l have a brain that should be able to judge what should be truth and not.
I was given a reason to be used. So I study all kind of Sciences, Anthropology, Biology, Physics, Math, in fact God itself and its manifest.
I have a Deistic approach.
I am attracted by Spinozas view of God.
- I don’t fully agree with Einsteins second part of this view “I believe in Spinoza’s God, Who reveals Himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God Who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind.” ( http://www.kinberg.net/science-without- religion/ )
- Einstein also said “God does not play dice with the Universe” (Source: www.hawking.org.uk ) being critical to Schrödingers equation about the probability of electron position in clouds.
- The more I study science the bigger is my as Einsten said “unbounded admiration for the structure of the world“
“Baruch Spinoza and Albert Einstein considered God to be essentially the sum total of the physical laws which describe the Universe” (Carl Sagan broca’s brain)
Baruch Spinoza said:
“Whatwsoever is, is in God and without God nothing can be or be conceived.”
“God is the indwelling and not the transient cause of all things
We feel and know that we are eternal Do not weep, do now wax indignant. Understand.”
The Songs of Zarathushtra help us understand Spinozas view of God. Shortly said “The Universe is the body of God, God matherialized according to E=mc2.”
This is my pluralistic believe where you can find inspiration from several holy books.
I believe in ..
- … a revealing God. He talked to e.g. Zoroaster, Johannes, Moses, Mohamad to help Homo Sapiens with its blanc slate become homo Sapiens Sapiens.
- the Soul. In everyone of us there is a temple of God, the Soul. If we listen to our inner voice we maybe are listening to God. (Corinthian 3:16, also mentioned by buddist Swami Vivekananda)
- miracles. God controls the initial unified Force and The Strings of matter and with these can do anything, incarnate Adam on Earth, make virgin Mary pregnant, Jesus go on water etc.
- incarnation. I believe that God can incarnate in any body and see us with the eyes of any creature (the definition of Avatära in Bhagavad gita 4:7)
- zoroastrism and John. God was initially Thought and Energy and most of it is now materialized in this Universe “Gods body” Remind that John said that “in the beginning was the word” (John 1:1)
“God created both the invisible and invisible worlds from Himself using His astral body and His own light.”
“The material world consisting of fire, water, air, earth, plants, animals and humans is very much like the body of God”
( as interpreted by www.hinduwebsite.com)
Jesus took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and giving it to his disciples said, “Take and eat; this is my body.” ( Matthew 26:28)
- a concerning, tollerant and forgiving God. For me a God should per definition be all knowing, perfect, thus God should be better than the most wise and noble man, a man that does it best to have a good mind, good purposes, look for Truth and righteousness, serenity, loving kindness, forgiveness mercifulness, understanding and tollerance.
- So being perfect and all knowing, God created a a perfect world, a world were humans, as image of God have the responsibility to listen, observe, work and take care of each other and Gods creation and gift, the Earth.
- God is not cruel. So a conclusion of mine is that God does therefore not intervene in his own creation if that was not planned from the beginning. If God did we would be degraded to be animals again without mind and will. It is our mission and duty to fight evil in this world.
- Prayer is useful… even if God may not intervene. It is you that have to find the solution (light). Only when you recognize your own weakness and limits , on the bottom of a deep hole (crisis), you are able to climb up again out of the hole up to light. With prayer you achieve the right state of mind to solve your problem.
- There is no choosen people. God does not discriminate. There is no such a think like a “God chosen people” even if some Christians, Jews and Muslims like to believe that to justify their evil actions, Christian inquisitor torturing, Muslim fanatics killing their prophet Jesus followers.
- A fair God. God does not discriminate, so God talks to all humans in their language, who listen and looks for help and the right path. (Quran, 1:6 ) “God does not show favoritism35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.” ( Acts 10:35 ) “or God does not show favoritism.” (Rom 2:11 )
- Confucius tao. There are two forces, evil and good (Ying and Yang)we are confronted with from birth. Christians name them devil, the black angel, and God. As parents and adults we have the responsibility to help our newborn to confront evil and follow the right path. “‘l-SirATa ‘l-mustaqim” (Quran [1:6]).
- Life after death
Read “On life after death” by Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
hell and reincarnation. ” or “Human personality” by Frederic
- Meyer and his work.
We create our own hell here on Earth. “To use an old metaphor, when in the world of the living, the soul makes its bed upon which it will sleep in the afterlife. ” Source: https://heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism
When we die, we leave our body and restricted mind, we get infinite empathy, knowledge and understanding. So if a man made other people suffer here on Earth then he will feel the pain he caused thousand time stronger and for long time until our soul, like Adam was according to Quran may be incarnated in a new creature.
The Zoroastrian view of death: “the soul would remain on earth for a three days and nights, hovering near the body. Then it would depart to the spiritual realm, led by Daena, the guardian spirit, where it would be greeted with a vision of the thoughts, words and actions it performed when it was inside the human body upon earth.”
- Buddhism talks about similar afterdeah experiences were the soul met tKing Yama to explain its deeds. See e.g. page 30 “in the Buddhas words”.
let us hope God will be merciful with us for being that stupid and ignorant on Earth.
Look at http://www.deism.com/
About The Zoroastrian God can be read in
The Songs of Zarathushtra can be read and searched in http://www.zarathushtra.com/z/gatha/dji/gathtml.htm
Who is a God in COnfucianism is to read about in
“The Loom of God” is maybe a interesting book for people like me or for you?
I also look at philosophies like buddism.
A fiend of me shared with me Abhidhammaabhidhamma
My favorite prayers
“Thee alone I worship; Thee alone I ask for help, Show me the straight path” recited in Quranic Arabic of course.
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your me, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread; and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors; and do not subject us to the final test, but deliver us from the evil one.” (Matthew 6:9-13 )
As it it is written in the Quran “We gave ‘Îsa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), clear signs and supported him with Ruh-ul-Qudus” (= Holy Spirit) ( Quran 2:87 ) i of course also like
“Ave Maria……. pray for us now and at the hour of our death”
A unified creation theory is another result of my searches for answers, in this case about the origin of homo sapiens sapiens.